Monday, May 7, 2012

In Honor of MCA

It's tragic news to me, especially that I found out so late, but Adam Yauch aka. MCA of the Beastie Boys passed from cancer on May 4th. It was a personal goal of mine to see the crew that pioneered so much more than just white rappers. The Beastie Boys represented the positive attitude and socially reforming attitude that inspired most of our generation to grow. They were advocates of peace and social reform, and relayed this message in a style that was all their own, and has never been replicated.

here's a fantastic tribute done by Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl. It may not be the traditional style, but they paid tribute in the best way that they knew how, and for that reason this song is amazing.



And the classic. Intergalactic was the first Beastie Boys song I ever listened to, back when I stole the Hello Nasty album from my older sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment